AM Roles and Responsibility In Digital Ad Operations can differ from organization to organization based on task type., but there is some common task for all AM. Here AM means Account Manager who is responsible for managing one or more accounts. Here the word “account” refers to an advertiser or buyer profile. Every single buyer will be counted one account for a single inventory owner.
AM Roles and Responsibility In Digital Ad Operations
The primary responsibility of an account manager is deal creation. An AM has to set goals to identify a potential buyer and seller, has to set a target for the number of deal he or she can manage. An account manager also responsible for forecasting revenue trend. Following things are under Deal Creation.
- Handoff technical execution
- Establish roles and contacts for the project team
- Choose technology providers
- Checklist For Deal Creation:
- Must have KPI and audience layering for the deal set up
- – If viewability, which viewability measurement partner?
- – If conversions, is automated reporting available?
- Will targeting or data be applied ( geo, freq. cap, audience)?
- – By using your own data and also, targeting?
- – Required data systems, example – Loatame, Other
- Identify contacts at each partner and advertiser/agency: Advertiser and/or Agency, DSP, Data Provider
- Provide the campaign name and flight dates, Identify technology partners, example – DSP
- Provide the Buyer Seat in AdX/Buyer ID in Index.
- Will they need pre-bid filtering, example- fraud blocking, viewability, etc?
- What platforms or any platform restrictions (Desktop/Tablet, Mobile)
- Creative sizes, budget for the campaign, also, rate setup (biddable, fixed, other)
Setting up in SSP
After confirming the deal creation, AM has to set up the campaign and line items in SSP.
- AM sets up deals with details from the Account Set-Up Checklist. Enters deals as Preferred (fixed rate) or Private Auction (biddable floor)
- Provides deal names to Advertiser, Once advertiser accepts, deal ids will be available.
- AM requests AdOps to map deals and also, provides the required information.
Launch Check List and Monitor
Finally, after setting up all the required setup, AM has to check the settings, creative and monitor performances.
- Manage advertiser relationship and internal/external communication to achieve goal
- Test creative tags or creative, DFP settings etc.
- Deliver on value proposition to advertisers by exceeding KPI goals and also, maximize company yield
- Communicate to the client the results, recommendations, and ask any necessary questions in order to begin optimizations
- Communicate to the client based on flight timing and check in during the course of campaign
- Ask the client to provide the average clearing winning bid price at or before the 2 weeks check in– if they have a biddable CPM deals
- And monitor the performance, check tag, also, specific page etc.